Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Snow White & The Huntsman Prequel Adds Emily Blunt & Jessica Chastain, Toys With My Emotions

I've always found the 2016 feature The Huntsman, a prequel to 2012's Snow White & The Huntsman, to be a peculiar project. I didn't hate the aforementioned fantasy film from three years back, and it did make almost $400 million worldwide, but I didn't feel like it had that much of a fanbase to warrant a continuation. Apparently, it has, with the project being developed for several years now and finally being released next year, specifically on April 22, 2016.


But now the cast for the venture has expanded to include some huge names. Emily Blunt is now onboard, after being rumored to be in talks for the movie for quite some time now. But the big casting shocker is the addition of Jessica Chastain, one of my favorite actors (her lead role in Zero Dark Thirty is one of the best performances of 21st century cinema, no question). Normally, a film uniting Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain, not to mention cast members of the last Snow White film Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron, would send me through the rafters with joy...but considering the only average quality of the previous feature, my expectations are being tempered.

Nick Frost is also coming back from Snow White & The Huntsman to be a part of this cast, ensuring this as one of the more fascinating roster of actors to come around in ages. I expect Daniel Day-Lewis to be the next to join the cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment