Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Strength Of One Man Is Put To The Ultimate Test In Trailer For Unbroken

With Paddington and Hot Tub Time Machine 2 moved to 2015, only three movies are now scheduled to be released on Christmas Day. One of those is Unbroken, a film many believe has massive potential for Oscar and box office glory, but I'm not too sure. The first trailer struck me personally as sort of middling; the WWII content seemed enthralling, but the sports stuff just seemed like a parody trailer played straight. But now a new trailer has debuted, attempting to change the tune of skeptics like myself. Check it out below.
Yeah, I'm still not getting a good vibe on this one. Now, it doesn't look bad, certainly not. Some of the images in here do look great, making me excited to see more Roger Deakins work in the film itself. But the underdog sports hero portion of the trailer still looks middling, and the recently confirmed PG-13 rating has me worried for the film. On the one hand, maybe the movie will have some really inventive ways to depict the brutality those poor soldiers endured in those horrifying concentration camps in a PG-13 environment. Or maybe none of that brutality will come across at all with it's more restrictive rating.

Those and other concerns fill my head as Unbroken's Christmas Day release date approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment