Saturday, October 18, 2014

Llamas With Hats Is A Beautiful Dissection Of Human Nature

It's Saturday. As I contemplate my review of Fury and act super lazy, I'm struck by the beauty one can find in the internet series Llamas With Hats.

I'm sure you're asking yourself, "What are Llamas With Hats?" Well, take a look at these four videos, which should get your weekend off to a great, if bizarre, start. I dare you not to relentlessly quote these videos afterwards, they're just so damn well written.
Looking at all four of these videos, I'm struck by how much these short features manage to utilize the medium of animation to juxtapose a casual rhythm of speaking with scenarios that thrive on psychopathic absurdity. Llamas With Hats aren't just hilarious shorts, they're thoughtful ventures into juxtapositions of two very different human, or llama, psyches.

No comments:

Post a Comment