Monday, July 21, 2014

Wiz Khalifa, Juicy J and Ty Dolla $ign Follow In The Footsteps of Vanilla Ice By Rapping About Ninja Turtles

Like fellow August film Guardians of The Galaxy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has to be one of the more bizarre films opening up in the summer of 2014. This is  movie, after all, where Megan Fox and Gob help a Johnny Knoxville voiced turtle fight a robot. And there's three other turtles. And pizza. And ninja stuff. Did I mention Tony Shalhoub plays a giant rat? That kind of blatant insanity has actually made me warm to the project, and the craziness continues with the movies "theme song" of sorts being unveiled today. In the style of the immortal Ninja Rap that Vanilla Ice belted out in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, Wiz Khalifa, Juicy J and Ty Dolla $ign have collaborated to bring you this song, entitled Shell Shocked. Listen to it below.
The songs kinda middling to me personally. I'm not the biggest fan of rap, but some of it appeals to me (I actually really liked Khalifa's latest cinematic song, We Own It (Fast & Furious), which I'm sure you can guess what movie that's from.) This one doesn't have the most inspired lyrics, but at least some of the beat is catchy enough. I could see myself dancing to it from time to time, but I doubt it'll be something stuck in my head for weeks to come.

It is a good promotional move though, as getting such big name rappers like the three involved in this tune really helps get the word out that a new Ninja Turtles adventure is on the way. You can see the heroes in a half shell in their new movie on August 8th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment