Thursday, July 31, 2014

SpongeBob Has A New Movie, And, Surprisingly, It Looks Pretty Good!



With a ton of big new movies like Guardians of The Galaxy and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming out, movie studios have been putting out numerous new trailers this week for major upcoming releases. Since the Ninja Turtles is a Nickelodeon Movies production, I suspected that its arrival would mean the release of a trailer for SpongeBob Squarepants newest cinematic endeavor.

I absolutely love not only the first SpongeBob movie, but the first three seasons of the show. That Television show honestly had a greater impact on my generation than few other shows did. Sadly, after the movie came out, the creator of the program, Stephen Hillenburg left, as did numerous other writers on the show. Their exit meant the program lost much of its humor and appeal, and has been pretty much churning out dud episodes for ten years now. Can this new movie bring back the spark I wondered as I watched this new trailer, which you can see below.






Everything prior to this trailer has made me dread this new SpongeBob adventure, and yet, this new trailer was actually great. First off, isn't it awesome to see glorious 2D animation back in animated cinema? It's just awesome, it really, really is. Secondly, wow, the humor in this is good. No stupid bathroom jokes, no "SpongeBob is annoyign for 11 minutes so laugh" gags, just the kind of off-kilter unpredictability that made SpongeBob so gosh darn lovable to begin with. Plus, it looks like Sandy gets to go on this adventure too!!



Yeah, I may be 18, but I'll be there opening night for this one. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to prepare for a sea bear attack....



FINLAND

No comments:

Post a Comment