Tuesday, November 18, 2014

It's A New Trailer For Your New Movie Charlie Brown!

The forthcoming The Peanuts Movie should be an abomination. It should be a film that takes certain beloved cartoon characters and turns them into freaky, overly realistic CGI concoctions solely to make a buck and spew fart gags (think of those hideous Scooby-Doo movies from 2002 and 2004). Instead though, it actually looks great. The characters have been translated to CGI animation in a successful manner that retains their distinctive hand-drawn look, creating a new kind of style I've never seen in a CGI-animated feature.

A new trailer just hammers home that this is one movie to look out for. Check out the new trailer below!
Peanuts may be the greatest comic strip ever written in my opinion, and it certainly resonates with me as much (and maybe even more so) than it did when I was a kid. The way Charlie Brown always encountered the harshness of life felt true and real to me, and I'm glad the trailer assures life-long fans like myself that the film will have it's more brutal moments, where "Chuck" is the goat (as he'd put it) of the situation. Of course, even within the comic strip itself, there was always time for flights of fancy with Snoopy, and it's cool to see his World War I flying ace persona realized in this manner.

The trailer just makes the year long wait for this one excruciating, but if the final product is even half as good as this trailer, I'll be more pleased than Linus waiting in a pumpkin patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment