Monday, April 10, 2017

The Next Thor Movie Has Its First Brilliant Trailer

The Thor movies are definitely the sore spot in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that isn't Iron Fist or Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. I like the first movie well enough and think the second one has its moments (most of them all coming from Tom Hiddleston) despite some heavily flawed storytelling. But this upcoming third Thor movie, Thor: Ragnarok, has had everyone eagerly anticipating for it one big reason: Taika Waititi. The man behind What We Do In The Shadows and Hunt For The Wilderpeople is taking the director's chair. How can you not get excited for that???

Well, prepare to have your anticipation skyrocket further as the first trailer for Thor: Ragnarok actually just drop, almost out of nowhere. Take a look below!




This looks....amazing and like a serious contender for one of the best movie trailers of 2018. Hoooooooollllly goodness, I kind of love everything we see here. I love how it opens with a "Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how a guy like me ended up in this situation. Well..." moments, and I similarly I love how it's just destroying the conventions of past Thor movies (literally since Asgard looks like it's going bye-bye). It's also cool how this trailer manages to utilize The Immigrant Song by Led Zepplin without coming off as derivative as that epic Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trailer whose use of the same tune is legendary. Finally, can I just say how much I love the color, the joy, the vibrancy here from the beautiful looking sets to Jeff Goldblum(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to Chris Hemsworth's super duper happy reaction upon seeing his buddy The Hulk again ("He's a friend from work!").

Also gotta say Loki and Heimdall look super cool in their new post-Asgard outfits and I love also that it doesn't give away every single thing about the movie this far out. Teasing plenty while still showing us that this seriously looks not just different from past Thor movies but looking like it takes place in an entirely different world of storytelling compared to those past movies. Call me heavily excited by this trailer, one that I'll be watching multiple times this morning! Ah, always nice to start your day with a great movie trailer like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment