Friday, April 14, 2017

My Thoughts On The Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer

OK folks, this is another trailer post where I won't be babbling for long. Let's get to the trailer we've all been waiting for for so long......the trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi!



Well now, if that don't look dandy!

This is very much a teaser trailer, akin to that very first teaser we got for The Force Awakens all the way back in November 2014 (remember when we were all so hungry for that footage? My how time flies....) in that it basically gives us some establishing shots of the new characters and two classic figures (Leia and Luke). No footage that I could see of newbie characters like Rose (the most prominent new character, a technician played by Kelly Marie Tran) or the other new figures played by Benicio Del Toro or Laura Dern. That's fine by me though; we've got eight months to go until the movie's release, don't spoil everything for me!

What footage we do get looks quite memorable (those ships flying over the desert with their red gas is especially noteworthy) and that final line from Luke Skywalker do seem to indicate (combined with Daisy Ridley mentioning at a Star Wars Celebration panel today that "sometimes your heroes don't live up to your expectations") that Luke is gonna be a complex figure in this movie, which sounds super intriguing to me. Consider me plenty hyped for this one and eager to see more from Rian Johnson's foray into the Star Wars universe!

Oh yeah, and that poster is AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment