Monday, May 4, 2015

The Final San Andreas Trailer Shakes Things Up

I love me a good disaster movie, and I similarly love me a good action film featuring The Rock (hello Fast & Furious 5-7!), so frankly, I feel like I should be more excited for San Andreas than I currently am. But the first two trailers haven't been that compelling, with The Rock being in a more restrained mode that zaps him of the kind of charisma and charm that made him so famous, and none of the spectacle being that memorable. So I watched the newest trailer for San Andreas, which is below, with great interest, hoping it'd boost my anticipation for the film.



Not a terrible trailer, but frankly, also nothing that gets me uber excited either. First off, why wasn't this released last week so it could go out on Avengers: Age of Ultron? Missed opportunity there if you ask me. Also, Dwayne Johnson looks likable as all out, but some of the clumsy lines in this trailer (namely Paul Giamatti's "That is exactly what I'm saying") don't gel well with the overly serious vibe of the rest of the material seen in the trailer. We'll see if San Andreas can shake off the flaws of this trailer and become something special once it opens in theaters everywhere May 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment