Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Jem And The Holograms Sings Their Way To Stardom In Their First Trailer

I know nothing of Jem And The Holograms. I'm sorry to say that, but that's one piece of pop culture has just escaped me. I'm completely unfamiliar with the mythology of this entity, so my very first exposure to the realm of Jem came through the first trailer for the 1980's TV programs live-action feature film. That trailer, as well as my thoughts on it, you can see below.


This movie certainly looks solid from a production standpoint, especially the art direction, which helps give a bright, colorful look to the film. The rest of the trailer looks middling, especially the story which seems to go through the same conventional story beats of these sorts of films (was there anyway the band wasn't gonna break up because one member wanted too much control?) in a familiar execution. Who knows though, maybe the movie will be more enthralling.

No comments:

Post a Comment