Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Land Of The Nerds Is One Year Old!

Technically, Saturday was the day that it had been a year since the very first article got published on this website, but that was an introduction piece. The first traditional piece of writing, covering Adam Sandlers dwindling box office returns, got published a year ago today. Ah, those were the days. As you likely noticed if you read that introduction piece, most of those regular columns have been discontinued. Why is that? Well, I always wanted this site to be like some of the film websites I've loved all my life, which put quality content over all else. I didn't want to churn out substandard writing if I didn't have something to talk about solely because I needed to talk about movie trailers on Thursday.

That sort of devotion to quality is something I'm hoping to keep around for another year and many more to come. I hope you'll continue to read my ramblings about pop culture, as well as know of the wonders great films, songs, book, TV shows, all those works of art can accomplish. They can make you laugh, think, change your way of thinking, and if even just one of my reviews has done that for you in the past 365 days, well, that makes me as giddy as can be.

The first year of Land of The Nerds may be done, but I'm far from done. A lot has changed in the last year, but my love for both film and writing have remained just as constant, if not more so. The future can be daunting, but if the past year spent working on this website is any indicator, the future can also be a vessel to incredible events and opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment