Saturday, August 23, 2014

The List!!!: Eleven Underrated Quotes From The Simpsons

Right now, FXX is in the midst of their massive 12 day long Every Simpsons Ever marathon. As the name implies, this centers around showing off all 552 episodes of The Simpsons, a television show thats influenced me more than any other TV show, and frankly, is one of the most influential pieces of pop culture I've ever experienced. To celebrate its massive marathon, why not join me in eleven quotes form this glorious show that don't get enough love? Oh sure, we all prefer the personal touch goons bring to any given situation, and who can't sing every word of the Monorail song at any given moment? But here are eleven particularly notable Simpsons lines that really deserve more love.

"This happy little character is known as the sun!"- Homer Simpson describing the sun in a scribble he drew up.

"I need the biggest seed-bell you've got. No...that's too big."- Hans Moleman

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA!!!! 

Welcome to the force." - Chief Wiggum and his fellow Male Police officers reaction to Marge wanting to be a cop.

"Well sure! That's what I do with your father! I act like I'm interested in his power tools, all those monster truck shows....and some things I'll tell you about when your older" - Marge, advising Lisa to take an interest in Homers football activities in order to spend more time with him. 

"Back to the hammocks, my friend. You know, there's this great place called Mary Ann's Hammocks. The nice thing about that place is that Mark Ann gets in the hammock with you!" - Homers new boss Hank Scorpio.

"Just a minute!! This isn't Mr. Burns! It's a mask! [Attempts to pull of the face of Mr. Burns, is unsuccessful] Wait..it is Burns." - Chief Wiggum

"Oh my gosh! You need booze!"- Dr. Nick Riveras reaction to seeing an incapacitated Waylon Smithers.

"Okay Mr. Burns! Here are your messages: You have thirty minutes to move your car. You have ten minutes to move your car. Your car has been impounded. Your car has been crushed into a cube. You have thirty minutes to cube." - Homer Simpson

"And I got this scar sneaking under the door of a pay toilet." - Homer Simpson

"Dear Lord, protect this rocket house, and all those who dwell within it."- Homer Simpson

"You'd better run egg!" - Homer saying what may be my favorite line of the entire show

Now go forth and enjoy The Simpsons marathon on FXX! But before you go, enjoy the full scene that contains what may be my favorite line of The Simpsons.


No comments:

Post a Comment