Friday, September 25, 2020

13 Days of First-Time Frights Part Two Is...ALIVE!

Everyone grab some popcorn, it's horror movie time!

Just a real quick but exciting announcement here...

Last October, I did a fun series where I watched 13 iconic horror movies for the first time and then reviewed them as part of a series called 13 Days of First-Time Frights. I was hoping to do it again this year but my schedule has gotten a lot busier in just a year's time. Starting up Graduate School, plus my additional writing obligations to websites like Looper and Comic Book Resources, are all exciting prospects, but they do, naturally, take up time. Would I have room in my schedule for another edition fo 13 Days of First-Time Frights?

Turns out, yes, I should be able to squeeze these movies in! If an emergency comes up and/or my workload becomes too intense, I will give myself an out for having to drop this series or end it short of 13 entries. However, at the moment, the scariest month of the year (though in 2020, every month is terrifying) should also be home to 13 reviews of horror movies I watched for the first time!

Last year, reviews fell on the Tuesday and Thursday of each week save for the last two weeks, which also saw reviews dropping on Wednesday. This year, a similar schedule will be enacted, though with an two Wednesday reviews and also one Friday review the day before Halloween. 

Here are the days 13 Days of First-Time Frights reviews should drop:

October 1

October 6

October 8

October 13

October 14

October 15

October 20

October 21

October 22

October 27

October 28

October 29

October 30


To give myself some extra flexibility, I won't assign which movies will be covered on which dates when this far ahead. However, I do have the 13 movies I'll be watching and reviewing for this list all selected out. They are:

Blade II

Midnight Meat Train

The Innocents

The Crazies

An American Werewolf in London

The Orphanage

The Love Witch

The Blob

28 Days Later

Let Me In

Tigers Are Not Afraid

Videodrome

Eyes Without a Face


I'm very excited to continue this series and I hope you'll all join me in my newest descent into horror!

Oh hey, do you wanna help combat real-life horrors like people being imprisoned for protesting a broken justice system? How about contributing to the Louisville Community Bail Fund

No comments:

Post a Comment