Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Minions Are Getting Their Own Movie. Enjoy The First Trailer For It.

I don't wanna sound like that guy, but I'm gonna do it anyway; I miss the Minions of old. In the first Despicable Me, a charming and fun adventure, they were a humorous bunch who did a good job being lovable supporting characters for the main plot. But in the extremely underwhelming Despicable Me 2, the plot revolved around them instead of the other way around. They had some funny moments, don't get me wrong, but at some point it felt tiring instead of humorous.
While Despicable Me 3 looms in 2017, the Minions will get their own feature for next year, showing their origins. The first trailer for it can be watched below.
This looks like an OK feature, nothing truly compelling can be found here, but to it's credit nothing looks disastrous either. There's actually a few humorous moments in here I liked, namely the pyramid gag and the Minions trying to eat each other in the boat. I'm not sure if I can handle an entire film of just Minion babble, but at least A-listers like Sandra Bullock and Jon Hamm are around as human characters to balance things out. We shall see if this concept can sustain a full length film, though regardless of the movies actual quality this trailer should play like gangbusters, and I woudln't be surprised to see the feature make $800 million at the worldwide box office with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment