Monday, September 29, 2014

The Crazy, Crazy, Crazy Trailer For Inherent Vice Is Here

I've only seen two films of Paul Thomas Anderson (I know, I know, I'm simply awful), The Master and Punch-Drunk Love. The Master I found to be a film I admired very much, especially the outstanding performances in it, but it kind of just left me cold overall. Punch-Drunk Love was actually pretty great, though I did feel it occasionally lacked focus. But man have I been anticipating his next movie, Inherent Vice, which just unleashed it's first trailer, which you can watch below.


Damn. What. A. Trailer. I actually realized a few seconds in how little I knew of the project aside from the cast, but that was the perfect way to go into it. The large presence of humor here was not something I expected, but I actually found it be to terrific, it maybe one of the best parts of the trailer (I love the sight gag of the stretcher collapsing). Oh yes, and the cast, which includes Joaquin Phoenix, one of my favorite actors ever, Josh Brolin, Owen Wilson, Reese Witherspon and Benicio Del Toro look to be more than up to the challenge of keeping up with the films insanity.

This trailer pretty much boils down to two minutes of unwavering craziness, and I absolutely loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment