Saturday, July 11, 2015

Here's All The News Announced At The 2015 Warner Bros./DC Comic-Con Panel

There's so much going on at Comic-Con today film-wise, that it's just boggling my mind. The Hateful Eight, Legendary Pictures and 20th Century Fox all have showcases today, but before all those get underway, Warner Bros. is going up first to Hall H to talk about The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Pan and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. I'd suspect that the panel will also have some Suicide Squad footage, as well as some new pieces of info regarding future DC Comics motion pictures.


Here are the biggest pieces of news that came out of the convention, as well as my first thoughts on such major developments.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Debuted A Five Minute Long Trailer
Looks like Warner Bros. putting the Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con footage online last year was no fluke. I suspect all the footage from the panels (yes, that includes Batman v. Superman) will have their footage put up on YouTube by Warner Bros. themselves. Check out the extended look at The Man From U.N.C.L.E. below!
Nothing groundbreaking about that footage, but I'm glad the fun spirit of the first two trailers is more than intact.

The Green Lantern Movie Will Be Called Green Lantern Corps
The rumors from the past few weeks are true! Looks like the new Green Lantern motion picture will involve multiple Green Lantern soldiers,

Suicide Squad Footage Went Over Like Gangbusters
First footage from Suicide Squad was shown during the panel and two major consensuses seem to have been made on the footage: (1) it's dark and (2) everyone is raving about it.

Batman v. Superman Debuted Loads of New footage
And guess what? You can watch that footage right now!
Well well well. That's one helluva trailer. To be blunt here, Man of Steel also had a great trailer, and I didn't find the film itself to be all that great. And there are certainly some red flags to be found in here (the slo-mo stuff in what's blatantly the death of Bruce's parents feels like a parody of Zack Snyders style), but it is nice to see Superman being a figure of inspiration and hope, though I do wish he countered Ma Kents "You don't owe them anything" line with something along the lines of "I owe them to use my powers for good".

But the best part of the trailer by far? Wonder Woman. I almost screamed with joy when I saw her and her impressive looking combat skills. Hell yes to all the Wonder Woman stuff, as well as the imposing Ben Affleck take on Batman. I'm still worried about Batman v. Superman as a motion picture, but there's no denying this is one well crafted trailer. You had my curiosity Batman v. Superman....now you've got my attention.



\

No comments:

Post a Comment