Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Trailer For Irrational Man Brings Woody Allen And Joaquin Phoenix Together

Seeing Midnight In Paris back in 2011 is easily one of my favorite theatrical experiences ever. I had never seen a Woody Allen movie before, so witnessing the writer/directors work in the context of that endlessly charming 2011 movie was quite an adventure. That sort of memory isn't the only reason I'm excited for Allens next movie, Irrational Man; this new feature also pairs up two of my favorite actors, Joaquin Phoenix and Emma Stone! A trailer for this film has been unveiled, and you can watch it below!



The way this trailer feels structured makes it seem like they're keeping major elements of the plot under wraps, but what I see here does feel quite promising. Some nice bits of imagery here (who would you expect less from cinematographer Darius Khondji?) and the fact that voice overs from both Phoenix and Stone are present here gives me hope that the use of that cinematic tactic will allow for the duo to really come alive from a characterization perspective. My excitement for this one remains quite high!

No comments:

Post a Comment